Inflammatory Disorders and Weight Loss
Chronic Inflammation ~ The FIRE Inside You
Inflammation is a normal immune response in your body. It’s usually our friend. Think of it like the first responder to the scene of the injury. Pain, swelling, redness, and warmth are all signs of inflammation arriving at the site and helping your body with the healing process.
Pro-inflammatory vs Anti-inflammatory
- Working 100 hours a week at a stressful job with no sleep? Pro-inflammatory.
- Eating a high-carb, low-fat diet filled with grains and sugar? Pro-inflammatory.
- Drinking a few beers a night? Pro-inflammatory.
- Eating meats (red or white) on a daily basis? Pro-inflammatory.
- Eating lots of breads, sugars? Pro-inflammatory.
- Taking Fish Oil? Anti-inflammatory.
- Getting 8 hours of sleep? Anti-inflammatory.
- Avoiding all grains (especially gluten)? Anti-inflammatory.
Years of making pro-inflammatory choices add up to chronic inflammation…